The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for recording the activities of the Town Board, and is the main location where Town documents are filed. The Town Clerk is the custodian of all Town records, responsible for active files, storage and disposition of inactive records and the careful maintenance of archival material.

We serve residents by offering the following:

Dog Licenses and Renewals: For dogs that reside in the Town of Onondaga. We need proof of current rabies vaccination and proof of spay/neuter (if applicable) to license your dog(s). The fees are $9.00 for a spayed/neutered dog and $18.00 if not spayed/neutered. 

DEC Hunting/Fishing Licenses: Please bring your NYS Drivers License as proof of residence.

Marriage Licenses: A couple who intend to be married must apply in person for a marriage license. There is a 24 hour waiting period, and the license is valid for 60 days. Both parties must present photo ID, birth certificates, and all previous divorce decrees/death certificates. The fee is $40 and includes a Marriage Certificate. A certified copy of your marriage license can be obtained only if the original marriage license was obtained from the Town of Onondaga for $10.
  • US Passport Application Processing: Please call 315-469-1583 for more information. You will need to bring photo identification and an original birth certificate. The fee for a *Passport Book* is $35 made payable to the Town of Onondaga plus a check or money order for $110 (age 16 and over) or $80 (under age 16) made payable to the US Department of State. All applicants must appear in person, and children under the age of 16 must have two parents present. Children ages 16 and 17 must have one parent present. Applications can be picked up at the Town Hall or downloaded from the Department of State website at

    You can also apply for a *Passport Card*. These cards can be used to cross the Canadian and Mexican borders via land or sea. The fee for a **Passport Card** is $35 made payable to the Town of Onondaga plus a check or money order for $30 (ages 16 and over) or $15 (under age 16) to the U.S. Department of State.

    You can now have your passport photos taken at the Town Clerk’s Office. The fee for the photos
    is $12.

  • Return the FAVORCARD

    Any honorably discharged military Veteran residing in Onondaga County can get their FAVOR card by bringing their discharge or DD- 214 into the County Clerk’s Office or the Town Clerk’s Office along with photo identification. A form will then be completed and sent to the County Clerk’s office for completion. Once completed, a card will be sent to the applicant to begin their savings.

    More information, or for a list of participating merchants, can be found at this website: If you are a merchant in Onondaga County and you’re interested in joining the program, or know someone who is, information on how to get involved is also available at this website.


    Lisa Goodwin

    5020 Ball Road
    Syracuse NY, 13215
    Office Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, M-F
    Phone: (315)469-1583
    Fax: (315)469-1549

    Handicap Parking Permits: This service is for Town of Onondaga residents only. Photo ID and a physician statement are required. Parking Permit Applications:
    Games of Chance: Raffle, Bingo, and Bell Jar Licenses are available here. Please stop by or call the Town Hall for an application, or visit the NYS Racing and Wagering Website at

    Books and Maps: Zoning Maps are available for $3, as well as the Zoning Code Books for $20 and Subdivision Regulations for $15 each.

    Election Coordinator: Voter registration and absentee ballot application forms are available at:

    Freedom of Information Law:
    The Town Clerk is the Records Management Officer of the Town and serves as the custodian of all Town records.  This responsibility includes the storage & disposition of inactive records, as well as maintaining permanent archives. 

    Effective January 1, 1978, the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) provides citizens with the right to access certain government records.  Requests for documents available under FOIL should be submitted to the Town Clerk’s Office in writing using the FOIL Request Form. 

    All applicants will receive some form of response within five business days.  If the request can be fulfilled within that timeframe, the applicant will be notified it is complete & be provided with the total costs due.  If additional time is required to fulfill the request, the applicant will be supplied with an estimated date of availability.  If the request is denied, the applicant will be supplied with a written explanation of the reasons why and information regarding the appeals process. 

    Click here for Freedom of Information Request Form

    Open Government Laws
    Notary Public Service

    Recording Secretary: Authors minute books, the only official record of the activities of Town government. The resulting volumes are retained permanently for legal and historic purposes.

    Please call our office at 469-1583 with any questions or concerns you may have. We look forward to serving you.


       © Town of Onondaga all rights reserved last updated June, 2014